This is a very simple, delicious, high-protein recipe you can prepare under 'basic conditions'. While travelling, I have to cook under very limited conditions most of the time; I don't have an oven, I don't have a food processor and I don't even have a proper knife.
Also, I can't get most of my usual 'high protein, low everything else' stable foods. For this reason, I have to be creative and come up with new recipes that are high in protein, totally macros-friendly and absolutely delicious. Protein porridge is my new creation! 😍
Because of its high protein, fiber and water content it is super satiating and ideal for my bodybuilding show preparation diet. I created the recipe based on the principles of my DESSERT DIET.
- 25 g vanilla-flavoured pea protein powder
- 55 g textured vegetable protein (TVP or soy mince)
- 720 g zucchini (preferably with yellow or light green skin. If you use zucchini with dark green skin, peel them, otherwise they may give a bitter taste)
- 2 servings no-calorie sweetener (I used sucralose powder)
- 1 cup of water (240 ml)
- Dice zucchini and place them into a large pot.
- Add water and cook until zucchini become very soft (about 20 min). Stir occasionally. Add water if necessary.
- Crush zucchini with a fork.
- Add TVP and cook for additional 5 min.
- Stir in protein powder and sweetener.
- Depending on the porridge consistency you prefer, you may need to add more water.
Makes 2 servings.
Approx. nutritional info per serving: 183 kcal/ 17 g carbs/ 28 g protein/ 1 g fat
Not getting enough protein?
Many people aren't able to keep their protein high and carbs and fat low enough to lose weight and maintain muscle. My recipes are designed exactly with those factors in mind!
"And now, thanks to your sorcery tips, tricks and treats, I can finally get all my dose of 120 g protein a day without struggling!" - Kornelia