That's a super quick and easy protein pancake recipe using my basic staple ingredients. If you want some variation, you can add different spices and flavourings to pancakes. My favourite options are cinnamon, gingerbread spices and toffee flavouring.
- 40 g wheat flour
- 40 g pea protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 apple (75 g), diced
- 2 servings no-calorie sweetener (I used vanilla FlavDrops from myprotein)
- 145-155 ml water
- low-calorie non-stick spray
1. Combine all dry ingredients and mix well
2. Add water (+ liquid sweetener, if you use one)
3. Stir in apple pieces
4. Cook in a pre-heated pan covered with a small amount of low-calorie non-stick spray for 3-5 min from each side
Makes 4 pancakes = 1 serving.
Approx. nutritional info per serving: 358 kcal/ 39 g carbs/ 35 g protein/ 1 g fat
Side note: If your pancakes aren't fluffy, you probably added too much water. The pancake batter has to be sticky (more like for a cake).
Want more delicious, macro-friendly and protein rich recipes? Check out my recipe book here.