If you are one of those who have a big sweet tooth; what better post-workout meal can you imagine than a chilled chocolate protein cheesecake on a hot summer day ? If you are a person who is lazy-ish like me and doesn't want to spend lots of time in the kitchen, I have another good news for you; you don't even need to bake this cheesecake!!
- 250 g prunes
- 220 g pea protein powder
- 500 ml light soy milk (with no sugar or reduced sugar content and a lower fat content than normal soy milk) or any other non-dairy milk
- 100 mg (1/2 mini scoop) sucralose (or any other no-calorie sweetener. However, you will need to readjust the amount)
- 50 g dark chocolate
Tip: I used prunes because they are lower in calories and sugar than most other dried fruits.
1. Mix prunes with soy milk and process in a food processor.
2. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
3. Add protein powder to the mixture and mix well. The best thing is to use a hand blender with dough hooks for this job.
4. Transfer the mixture into a rectangular or square-shaped tray lined with baking paper and spread the mixture in the tray. If the mixture is too dry, add some more soy milk. If it is too sticky, add some more protein powder.
5. Melt chocolate in a microwave at medium heat for 1-2 minutes. You can add a tablespoon of soy milk to make the chocolate more creamy after melting. Stir the molten chocolate and spread it on top of the cheesecake base.
6. Chill the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Makes 6 pieces.
Approx. nutritional content for 1 piece: 298 kcal/ 32 g carbs/ 32 g protein/ 6 g fat
Want more delicious, macro-friendly and protein rich recipes? Check out my recipe book here.