Dark Chocolate 'Cheesecake' Bites are delicious and great as a snack you can eat on the go. It is a kind of 'solid' form of a post-workout protein shake, that avoids messing around with protein powder, water and shaker bottle in the gym. This is another recipe from my 'BAKE YOUR SHAKE' series; quick, easy, minimal ingredient, protein powder treat recipes
- 300-320 g Chocolate Protein Cream (see note)
- 100 g defatted almond flour
- 10 g/ 2-3 small squares dark chocolate
- Combine ‘Chocolate Protein Cream’ and almond to obtain sticky dough.
- Roll out between two baking paper sheets (make it easier because of stickiness)
- Bake at 180C/ 350F for 10-15 min.
- Take the ‘cake’ out of the oven and spread chocolate over the hot cake (e.g. use a fork to slide chocolate pieces over the cake)
- Cut in 8 pieces.
Gives 8 pieces.
Nutritional info per 1 piece: 99kcal/ carbs - 4g/ protein - 15g / fat - 3g
The recipe can be found here.
If you use flavoured protein powder, that is sweetened and contains thickeners (such as xanthan gum), you can make a ‘Protein Cream” by adding a small amout of liquid to obtain a thick cream.