Looking for a healthier French fries version that also tastes great? The answer to your question is: tofu fries! Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Full of protein and low in carbs. That's magic! :D
- 1 block (400 g) firm tofu
- Oil spray (preferably fat-reduced version with 1 kcal per spray)
- Garlic granules (optional)
- Drain tofu and put it on a paper towel to absorb the residual water.
- Slice the tofu block into 2-4 thin slices, each with the thickness of a french fry.
- Put the slices on a paper towel to absorb water.
- Preheat a frying pan and spray it with oil.
- Cook tofu plates until each side turns golden and crispy (spray more oil if necessary).
- Remove tofu plates from the pan and cut them into long stripes to obtain tofu fries.
- Cook the uncooked sides until tofu fries turn golden and crispy on all four sides.
- Season with salt and garlic granules.
- Enjoy :)
Makes 2 servings (200 g tofu each). The nutritional information depends on the type/ brand of tofu you use (check the nutrition facts label). That's an estimate for one serving: 180 kcal/ 1 g carbs/ 18 g protein/ 12 g fat