Peanut butter and doughnuts, this sounds like an amazing, but very dangerous combination. Well, by clever replacement of some high-calorie ingredients, these delicious doughnuts can not only be fit into ones macros, but also used as a great protein source to fuel the individual goals.
- 40 g / 3 tbsp. PB2 or any other defatted powdered peanut butter or peanut flour
- 40 g / 3 tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- 40–50 g grated apple (½ small apple)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. non calorie sweetener (e.g. Truvia (erythritol + stevia) or xylitol)
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 10 g/ 2 tsp. peanut butter
- 6 g/ 1 heaped tsp. PB2 or any other defatted powdered peanut butter or peanut flour
- 1-2 tbsp. non-sweetened almond milk or any other non-dairy milk
- 14 g/ 2-3 tsp. xylitol or any other crystalline calorie reduced sweetener
- Combine all dry doughnut ingredients, mix in the grated apple and water.
- Knead to dough, separate into 2 parts and place into a doughnut pan.
- Bake for 20-30 min (depending how moist or dry you would like to have them) at 180 C/ 350F.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze and mix them thoroughly.
- Let doughnuts cool down. Dip doughnuts into the glade and enjoy
The recipe gives 2 doughnuts.
Approx. nutritional info per one plain doughnut: 175 kcal/ C – 12g/ P – 24g/ F – 3g
Approx. nutritional info per one glazed doughnut: 238 kcal/ C – 18g/ P – 27g/ F – 6g