Yes, I love bread! Fluffy bread is delicious, easy to portion and to eat on the go. Being extremely macros-conscious (yes, I tracked everything I ate every day for the last 4 years), I don't want to renounce tasty bread, because it doesn't fit my macros. For this reason, I created this macros-friendly recipe. To be honest, it is one of my absolute favourites.
- 1 can white beans (16oz/~450g)
- 200g vital wheat gluten
- 20g chickpea flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Spices: onion powder (1 tbsp), garlic powder (1 tbsp), salt (1tsp)
- 120 g (4oz) fresh spinach
- nutritional yeast (1 tbsp)
- Put beans + liquid (don't drain the beans) in a large bowl and process with a stick blender.
- Add all the dry ingredients except nutritional yeast and mix thoroughly to obtain a dough.
- Knead spinach leaves into the dough and form a loaf.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top.
- Bake for 30-45min at 180C/350F.
Makes 6 slices.
Nutritional info per 1 slice: 190 kcal/ C - 12g/ P - 30g/ F - 1g